Title 2 of 2013 Texas statues has directives pertaining to state taxation. You as signing principal of Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form 01-137 have the capacity to appoint a representative to stand for you before the Comptroller of Public Accounts. You authorize your representative to establish your right to a refund; receive information pertaining to your refund request as well as amend and sign any tax return filed during specified tax periods. You may specify a preferred mode of communication or grant communication via telephone, fax, e-mail, or mail. Notarization of your signature and/or identity is not necessary for issuing form 01-137. This limited power of attorney form in Texas State is suitable for granting powers for broad types of Texas taxes; however, you must mention the tax type and period/s accurately. You are authorized to sign and execute this Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form 01-137 on behalf of your organization provided you specify your relationship to such entity.
Information for Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form
- Mention the tax type and tax period accurately as this power of attorney form 01-137 grants powers to representative to act on your behalf before the Comptroller of Public Accounts only for tax affairs mentioned here.
- Please enter your particulars accurately after signing this instrument to execute it.
- The term Limited in the name of this Texas power of attorney form indicates that it naturally expires in one year from the date of signing it.
- Entering the date of signing and executing Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form holds significant value as it determines the date of natural termination. Please date this instrument accurately.
- Read provisions mentioned relating to granting specific powers to the attorney in fact pertaining to tax refund carefully.
Directions to Fill the Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form
Step 1: Enter name of county and your name as a taxpayer. Then enter the name of your company and legal name of attorney in fact on the respective lines.
Step 2: Mention the tax type on the next line. Mention the period of tax affair on succeeding lines.
Step 3: Date this Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form 01-137 and enter particulars like relationship to the entity, 11-digit taxpayer number, and phone number with area code after signing in the space provided for the same.
Revoking a Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form
This Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form 01-137 terminates naturally upon completion of one year from the date of its execution. In addition, you may choose to execute a power of attorney revoke form of the limited power of attorney within the period of one year in case you find your attorney in fact incompetent to serve you in your best interest. You must file such instrument of revocation in the office of the Comptroller of Public Accounts in Texas State for its execution and cancellation of this limited power of attorney in Texas State.