You as signing principal are in capacity to issue Texas Durable Power of Attorney Form – Enhanced as per the directives specified in Section 752.051 of the Texas Estates Code to grant powers to attorney in fact to perform financial transactions listed within the document on your behalf. The term Enhanced used in the title of this form offers broad and sweeping powers to the attorney in fact under the Durable Power of Attorney Act, Subtitle P, Title 2, of the Estates Code. However, this power of attorney form does not permit the attorney in fact to make medical and/or healthcare decision on your behalf. Please appoint trustworthy agent as this legal instrument grants unrestricted powers to the appointed attorney in fact.
You may also use a basic version of the this form.
Texas Durable Power of Attorney Form Facts
- You must sign with initials before each power to grant it to the attorney in fact. You may choose to sign before option N to allot all powers listed from A through M.
- Provide special instructions for No Gift-Giving Power, Gift-Giving Power Limited to Gift Tax Exclusion, and Broad Gift-Giving Power by signing before each option. You may choose to strike out options you do not want to allot.
- Please use the lines allocated to specify special instructions to extend or limit the scope of powers.
- You must specify your choice of the mode of execution of this Durable Power of Attorney Texas Form – Enhanced and strike out inapplicable options for clarity on the execution of the document.
- Sign before a notary public of Texas State. It is necessary for execution of the power of attorney.
How to Fill the Durable Power of Attorney in Texas
Step 1: Enter your name and address as signing principal. Then mention the name and address of attorney in fact on the next line.
Step 2: Select the powers to grant by signing with initial before each power listed in A through M. you may choose to sign before the option N to grant all powers listed above.
Step 3: Sign before each option from No Gift-Giving Power, Gift-Giving Power Limited to Gift Tax Exclusion, and Broad Gift-Giving Power to grant the power or strike out otherwise.
Step 4: Provide special instructions to extend or limit the powers granted by signing this Durable Power of Attorney Texas Form – Enhanced.
Step 5: Specify the mode of execution of this Enhanced Power of Attorney by marking your response in the appropriate space. Please strike out unwanted options.
Step 6: Sign and insert date before a notarial officer or a notary public of Texas State for executing the Texas Durable Power of Attorney Form – Enhanced.
Revoke a Durable Power of Attorney, Texas
You may choose to execute a power of attorney revoke form to revoke this Texas Durable Power of Attorney. In addition, your death, dissolution of marriage in case the spouse is the attorney in fact, and court orders can dismiss the attorney in fact immediately. You may choose to specify the occurrence of special events to trigger cancellation of the power of attorney.