Title 2 of 2013 Texas Statutes permits you to issue 86-113, Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form for Tax Audits to appoint a representative to delegate with the Comptroller of Public Accounts on your behalf for various tax audit affairs. However, you as signing principal of this limited power of attorney in Texas for tax audits must provide accurate details of tax types and periods. You may grant any or all powers to provide tax audit information, discuss tax audit issues, receive communication regarding contested cases and/or tax audit, and to make presentations to the appointed representative using this Form 86-113. Notarization of your signature or identity is not necessary for issuance of this instrument. Please file duly filled power of attorney with the office of the Comptroller of Public Accounts.
Information about Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form for Tax Audits
- Refer to the provisions in Title 2 Tax Code of 2013 Texas Statutes to understand the scope of powers granted to the representative.
- You must select powers to grant by marking your response in front of the power to allot. Alternately, you may choose to grant all powers listed in Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form for Tax Audits by selecting the last box in form 86-113.
- Please type or print this form for legibility.
- This limited power of attorney form expires upon completion of one year from the date of its issuance. Therefore, date this form 86-113 accurately.
- Please specify tax types and periods in the respective spaces to authenticate your representative to act on your behalf before the Comptroller of Public Accounts in Texas State.
How to Fill the Texas Tax Audit Limited Power of Attorney Form
Step 1: Enter the name of the county followed by your legal name and title if any. Then provide name, address, phone number, and email address of the representative on the respective lines.
Step 2: Enter your company’s registered name, your 11 digit taxpayer number, tax type, and period of tax. Please select the powers to allot from the first five choices or mark the sixth box to grant all powers to the representative.
Step 3: Then provide the name of the entity, your printed name, title if any, and date. You must sign in the space provided to issue this Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form for Tax Audits to your representative.
Revoking the Tax Audit Power of Attorney Form, Texas
The term Limited in the title of this Texas Limited Power of Attorney Form for Tax Audits indicates a natural termination of the instrument in one year from the date of signing and issuing this instrument. However, you may choose to issue a legal power of attorney revoke form in case you wish to terminate this limited power of attorney in Texas for tax audits before completion of one year. However, please file duly completed revocation instrument in the office of the Comptroller of Public Accounts in Texas State for executing the cancellation.