You as signing principal are capable to execute Georgia Financial Power of Attorney under the Title 10, Chapter 6, Article 7 of Georgia Code 2010 to grant powers to a lawful agent or attorney-in-fact to perform various financial matters as allotted in the document as if it was you. Please sign before a notary public of Georgia State to execute this power of attorney only when you select powers mentioned in option 3 and 4. You may choose to grant the powers specified in option 1 to 12 or allot broad powers as mentioned in option 13 under the Section 53-12-232 of the official code of Georgia. You must acknowledge that this power of attorney remains in effect in spite of your incapacitation to take your own decisions.
Georgia Financial Power of Attorney Facts
- Please specify the date of execution of the financial power of attorney in Georgia State or mention the occurrence of the contingency or events that trigger the execution.
- Please mention details of compensation of agent by signing with initials on the respective lines.
- You must strike out inapplicable powers listed in option 1 through 12 and sign beside the cancelled option and then sign with initials only for those you want to allot to the agent.
- You may choose to appoint an alternate agent if you wish to.
- You and your agent must sign in acceptance in the name of the person reporting the contingency or specified event to trigger the execution of the Georgia Financial Power of Attorney.
Procedure for filing a Financial Power of Attorney
Step 1: Enter the name of the county of Georgia State. Then please enter your name and address followed by the agent’s name and address. Mention the name of the agent, alternate agent and again name of the agent on the respective lines.
Step 2: Sign with initials after each power listed in option 1 through 13 to grant it. Please strike out powers you are not granting and sign beside the cancelled power. You and agent must sign after the last paragraph in this portion of Georgia Financial Power of Attorney.
Step 3: Mention the date of execution of the power of attorney. You may specify any contingency or occurrence of an event required for execution of a power of attorney. In that case, you must mention the name/s of person/s responsible to declare such contingency or occurrence of an event under the penalty of perjury. You and agent must sign full name after providing this information. Provide details of compensation of agent on respective lines as applicable or strike out otherwise.
Step 4: Sign this Georgia Financial Power of Attorney before two adult and competent witnesses. Then request witnesses to sign on this power of attorney in acknowledgement. Notarization of your signature is only necessary in case you grant powers mentioned in option 3 and 4.
Revoking a Financial Power of Attorney in Georgia
You may choose to execute a Georgia POA Revocation Form to cancel this Financial Power of Attorney. Alternately, the principal’s unfortunate death cancels this instrument immediately.